Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
Author: Rick Riordan
Look, is didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek God.
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporised my maths teacher. That's when things really started going wrong. Now I spend my time fighting with swords, battling monsters with my friends and generally trying to stay alive.
This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt – and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea.
Can Percy find the lightning bolt before a fully fledged war of the Gods erupts?
'It's Buffy meets Artemis Fowl. Thumbs up.' Sunday Times
Follow the author on his blog
'RIORDAN TAKES THE READER BACK TO THE STORIES WE LOVE, THEN SHAKES THE COBWEBS OUT OF THEM'
- EOIN COLFER, AUTHOR OF ARTEMIS FOWL
- Family & home stories (Children's/YA)(638)
- Fantasy & magical realism (Children's/YA)(449)
- Historical fiction (Children's/YA)(304)
- Reading age 10+ years(1244)
- Reading age 11+ years(921)
- Reading age 12+ years(838)
- Reading age 9+ years(1206)
- Romance & relationships stories (Children's/YA)(541)
- Science fiction (Children's/YA)(261)