Born to Run
Author: Cathy Freeman
Ever since I was little I only had one dream – to win a gold medal at the Olympics.
When I was twenty-seven years old, my dream came true. I'll never forget that night at the Sydney 2000 Games – as I crossed the finish line, it was as if the whole of Australia was cheering for me.
Sometimes I still wonder how it happened. When I was growing up, I felt no different to anyone else. I loved having fun with my brothers, sleeping over at nanna's and going horse riding with my dad. But I especially loved to run. With the help of my family, coaches and teachers, I became the best female 400-metre runner in the world.
I hope you enjoy my story, and that it inspires you to chase after your dreams too!
- Family & home stories (Children's/YA)(655)
- People & places (Children's/YA)(61)
- Racism & multiculturalism (Children's/YA)(116)
- Reading age 10+ years(1207)
- Reading age 11+ years(930)
- Reading age 12+ years(851)
- Reading age 8+ years(1257)
- Reading age 9+ years(1207)
- Sporting stories (Children's/YA)(108)
- Sports & outdoor recreation (Children's/YA)(21)